Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book I Plan to Read in 2013

At the beginning of 2012, I made a resolution to read 24 books that I already owned.  I didn't quite make it through all 24.  I ended up reading 15 of those books.  I discovered that, if given the choice, I will always pick the fiction book to read first.  Then, if the month is almost over, I just decide not to read the non-fiction book.

Guess I gotta work on that.

But I did read a total of 41 books this year and I reviewed all of them.  That's an average of almost 3 and a half books a month.  And ... I made a Pinterest board of all of them.  I've never done that before, but I thought that it was high time I join the rest of the world in using Pinterest.

Did I make a new 24 book resolution for 2013?
No.

I felt very stressed last year trying to read the books that I had prepicked each month.

In light of that, I decided this year to pick 12 books instead of 24.  I'm not going to assign the books to any particular month.  I'm just going to pick one each month that strikes me.


What I picked this year:

White Picket Fences - Susan Meissner
Leaving - Karen Kingsbury
A Seahorse in the Thames - Susan Meissner
No One You Know - Michelle Richmond
Raising a Modern Day Knight - Robert Lewis
All Things New - Lynn Austin
Sacred Parenting - Gary Thomas
Rocking the Roles - Lewis and Hendricks
Captivating - John and Staci Eldredge
Too Busy Not to Pray - Bill Hybels
Emilie's Creative Home Organizer - Emilie Barnes
8 Great Dates for Moms and Daughters - Dannah Gresh
Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl - Dannah Gresh

If you look closely, you will see some repeats from last year's list, things I didn't get the chance to read.  And, yes, they are mostly non-fiction.  Several others are books I got for Christmas.  And a few I got through the Paperback Swap website.

Overall, I hope to read over 40 books again this year, the 12 on the list above and another 28 that I pick as I go through the year.  You can follow along here on my blog as well as on my new 2013 Books Pinterest board.

What books are you planning to read this year?  Anyone else out there have a Pinterest board to keep track of their books?

No comments:

Post a Comment