Saturday, January 21, 2012

24 Books I Plan to read in 2012

One of my favorite bloggers is Money Saving Mom.  Not only does she tell us about deals in stores and online, but she also has excellent posts on setting goals.

One of her goals is to read 24 books in 2012.
I decided this would be an excellent thing for me to do as well.
While I normally do read a lot, I still have loads of books at my house that I have never read.

So, my reading goal for the year is to read one fiction book and one non-fiction book each month that I already own.  I will still be reading and doing book reviews for Booksneeze, Blogging for Books, NetGalley and Tyndale throughout the year.  But I am going to make reading my books a priority too.



Here's "the list":

January - Crazy Love by Chan
               Unlocked by Kingsbury
               Read reviews here.

February - Simplify Your Time by Ramsland
                 While We're Far Apart by Austin
                 Read reviews here.

March - Different Children, Different Needs by Boyd
             Face of Betrayal by Wiehl
             Read reviews here.

April - Love Life for Every Married Couple by Wheat
           Her Mother's Hope by Rivers
           Read reviews here.

May - The Power of a Praying Parent - OMartian
           On Every Side - Kingsbury
           Read reviews here.

June - Bringing up Boys - Dobson
          Rebecca - du Maurier
          Read reviews here.

July - Life Management for Busy Women - George
         Never Let You Go by Healy
         Reading these books was postponed.  Look for them in next year's list.

August - Too Busy Not to Pray by Hybels
              Betrayal in Paris by Fell
              Read reviews here.

September - Sacred Parenting by Thomas
                    Sadie's Song by Hall

October - Rocking the Roles by Hendricks
                Where the River Ends by Martin

November - Captivating by Eldredge
                    Burn by Healy

December - Wild at Heart by Eldredge
                   No One You Know by Richmond

I really wanted to put Mere Christianity by CS Lewis on there but it's an intense book.  I don't think I can just sit down and read it all at once.  So instead, I'm going to try to read one chapter a month.  Even at that, I won't finish it in a year.  But that's OK.  I think I'll need to think about each chapter for a while before I move on.

So there you have it.  My 2012 goals may not be that intense, but I am going to be adding to them with things like this little by little.  And now that I've posted this out there in cyberspace for all to see, then I'll be more likely to do it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment