Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Netgalley: Angels on the Nightshift

Angels on the Nightshift by Dr. Robert Lesslie


Based on true life accounts of Dr. Lesslie's time as an ER attending physician, Angels on the Night Shift takes you inside the miraculous recoveries and the heart-breaking losses of patients, doctors and nurses working in the ER.  This is the 4th book Dr. Lesslie has written on the subject.

My Thoughts:

This was a well-written, very engaging book.  Dr. Lesslie did an excellent job of combining patient stories with those involving the nurses and doctors in the ER.  Through it all, he weaves an on-going story surrounding the mysterious disappearance of narcotics from the ER drug cabinet.  The reader is left guessing and re-guessing who the perpetrator might be.

I have not read the first 3 books in this series but I can assume from this one that several of the same characters are in those books as well.  Dr. LEsslie does a great job of fully developing every person he describes.  We feel like we are in the room with them.  I look forward to reading his other books.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 


I received a complementary Kindle version of this book from Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment