Thursday, September 9, 2010

CSN Valance Review

I have to admit it, I have huge respect for those of you who can update your blog daily. I can't. I kept thinking that when both kids got in school, I would have tons of time to blog, but I don't. So I'm forgiving myself for not posting daily and giving myself permission to just post when I can. What does that mean to you? That when I say I'll post something "tomorrow" (like I did in this post), just don't believe me.  "Tomorrow" in blogland just means "the next day that I get to post."  Got it?

For the review... In my earlier CSN review post, I mentioned that I got 2 things as a preferred blogger.  The rubbed oil bronze chandelier was one of them.  A new valance for my bathroom was the other.

Last May I decided to paint my bathroom.  I chose dark purple - yes, you heard me, dark purple.  I don't have an official paint name for it because I color-matched it to my washcloth.  And let me tell you, they did an awesome job with the color-matching.  When I hold that washcloth up, it just disappears, it's so close in color.  And I LOVE IT!!  (The color that is, not the washcloth :)).

This is my beautiful purple.


My purple bathroom and green bedroom were both based on my purple/green plaid shower curtain that I love.  So, in light of that, here is my favorite part of my walls. (What, you mean I'm the only weird one that has a favorite section of wall?)

See that?  The purple and green together right there in the entrance?  That's my favorite part.  Seeing those two walls together.

ANYWAY......

To get on with the review...

I had painted all this in May and had been looking for a window valance to match for quite a while.  I saw this one on CSN's extensive Home Decor site.  Keep in mind, it's light green with a chocolate stripe.  My bathroom doesn't have any chocolate (in fact I'm allergic to chocolate - really... you can pick your jaw up now).  My bathroom has purple.  But I thought it might match, so I got it.

What do you think?


I think it looks awesome!!!  I love it!!  It came very quickly and I didn't even have to iron it (definitely a plus in my book).  I just opened the package and hung it.  So, two thumbs up for CSN's window valance.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors you picked for your rooms! And how perfect is that valance in tying them both together. Great find!

    ReplyDelete