Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How I'm Going to Get a Free DSi for Christmas Part 2

If you'll remember from Part 1 of this post, I told you that I am working hard to earn Amazon gift cards.  I'm going to use those to buy a DSi for my daughter for Christmas - all for FREE!!!

I told you about the survey companies I use and how I have earned $125 from them over the past 6 months.

Now I'd love to tell you about the other way I earn money online:

2.  Point Reward Websites
Point Reward websites let you earn points in a variety of ways.  You then trade your points for rewards, i.e. Amazon gift cards.  I have used several of these sites in the past, but currently only use 2 (these websites can be time consuming, so use your own judgment about how many you join).

Swagbucks
Swagbucks is a really fun site.  Its main function is as a search engine.  Periodically as you search you are awarded Swagbucks, usually 8-10 of them.  When you get 450 Swagbucks, you earn a $5 Amazon card.  You can redeem 5 of these a month.  Incidentally, there are a lot of different gift cards you can choose as well but I've only ever done the Amazon ones.

There are so many ways to earn Swagbucks on the site, I can't even begin to tell you all of them.  You can answer surveys, shop through their site (earn 2 Swagbucks per dollar spent), join services like Netflix, or watch commercials and answer questions about them.  That's just to name a few.  This is a fun, easy way to earn some Amazon dollars.  I've made $100 through Swagbucks so far.  Interested?  Join here.

My Points
This is my favorite site.  I just love My Points.  Just as in Swagbucks, there are a variety of ways to earn points through My Points.  They send you multiple emails a day.  Just clicking through the emails to the site advertised gives you 5 points.  Do what they ask on the site and you can earn anywhere from 25 to 2000 points.  Shop through My Points and earn 2 to 8 points per dollar spent (I do all my shopping through My Points because I feel I get rewarded more through them then through Swagbucks).  My Points also has a search feature that earns points.  Possibly my favorite part is that My Points connects up with Coupons.com.  You can print coupons from My Points and earn points both for printing and redeeming them.

My Points offers many different gift cards as rewards.  Find ones for popular stores and restaurants, including - you guessed it - Amazon.  So far I've earned $125 worth of gift cards - a $25 Amazon card, a $50 Amazon card, a $25 Kohls card and a $25 CVS card.

So there you have it, over the past 6 months or so, I've earned $125 from doing surveys and $225 from using rewards websites - plenty enough for a pink DSi :).

1 comment:

  1. I second swagbucks and mypoints!!! I have earned enough amazon gift card credit to purchase:
    1 barbie DVD
    1 Blindside dvd
    1 ipod touch 32gb!!!!
    1 pair of emu boots
    2 pair of bearpaws
    a Tivo wireless thingy (so it'll use the router).
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete