Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Building Robots

I broke my New Year's resolution.

I didn't publish a blog post last week.

But to my defense, this is the end of year sprint - field trips to chaperone, teacher luncheons to throw, award ceremonies to plan...
It's never-ending!
At least until school is out next week, then it ends...abruptly.

Nevertheless, since there is no blogging police out there to make sure I post when I say I'm going to, I'm just going to forgive myself and go on.

One of the end of the year events David has been looking forward to is creating a robot for school.  Way back at the end of last year (kindergarten year), I took David to visit the first grade classrooms and teachers.  Just to get him used to that pod.  He walked into one classroom and his mouth dropped open.  There were homemade robots on all the counters.  Since that day, he has wanted the "robot teacher."  Well, he got the robot teacher and she has been great!  (Teacher of the year more years than I can count).  He waited all year and finally, he got to make his robot.  Now keep in mind, these are robots made out of milk cartons, aluminum foil and other household "junk."  David was a little mislead and, at first, thought we were going to make a robot that cooked and cleaned for me.  As nice as that would have been...I'm imagining it right now, ahhh...OK, moment over...we quickly steered him back into a realistic idea for this robot.


Now I only need my kids to create a real robot, one that does cook and clean.  Not only will we be millionaires, but I won't have to come up with dinner ideas every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment