Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It Snowed!

Here in east Tennessee, we don't get a lot of good snow.

You know what I mean.  Snow that you can really play in.

Oh, we get dustings a lot.  Meaning we get 1/2" or less, enough to make the grass white and to whet your I-want-to-play-in-the-snow appetite, but not enough to be fun.

But last Thursday, after one of the strangest weather weeks that we've had this winter, we actually got some good snow - 4" at my house.


The power was out for about 6 hours and the roads were terrible on Thursday afternoon.  But I am thankful that my kids were let out of school early and my husband left work early, so we were all home together, safe and sound.  I'm also thankful that we have a gas fireplace with a big, full gas tank hooked up to it, so we were warm while we slept without power on Thursday night.

The power was back on by Friday morning.  The house was cozy warm.  Our bellies were fed.
And Friday was play day.






I hope you've enjoyed a snow day too.  I know my kids are hoping for lots more of these this winter.  We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous. I wish we could play in the snow! It has been probably 2 or 3 years since we got to sled. -Robin

    ReplyDelete