Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week in Review: Feb 10 - 16

This week seemed like it was all about Valentine's Day.

On Tuesday, David made Valentine's Day cards in Cub Scouts to give to residents of the local nursing home.  He also made me a lovely flower out of tissue paper and called me his Valentine.

We made homemade pizza for dinner.  It brought back great childhood memories of making pizza with my mom and sister.  However, it was a lot of work.  In hindsight, we should have done this on a weekend when we had more time, not on a busy Tuesday when we had to be at Cub Scouts at 6.  I must have been crazy!





After two Wednesdays in a row of being sick, I finally made it to church this week.  It felt so nice being useful back in my Awana commander position.

Thursday was the big day.  Valentine's Day means gifts at breakfast and parties at school.  I might be the bad parent, but I only gave my kids 2 pieces of candy for Valentine's Day.  But I did give them each 3 books with those 2 pieces of candy.  And they loved it!  David got two Fudge books and a book called The Class Clown (hopefully, I'm not giving him any ideas).  Julie got two 39 Clues books and a Judy Blume favorite Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great.  Take that, snow days!  I've got you covered now!

Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the school parties but they were fun.  David's class had an intense game of 3 digit number bingo, where an addition or subtraction problem involving 3 digit numbers was put on the board.  They had to solve the problem and see if the answer was on their bingo sheet.  Whew!  I'm tired even thinking about it, but strangely they seemed to like it.  Julie's class had an ice cream sundae extravaganza.  They each got a big bowl of ice cream and topped it with their choice of items - cherries, bananas, mini oreos, chocolate syrup, etc.  It was fun.  It was easy.  It is a great idea for a class party.

Thursday was also exciting because I got a new haircut.  It's sooooo much shorter than I thought it would be.  I asked my stylist to make it choppier.  She made it shorter.  I'm still getting used to it but I think I'll like it.


What I'm watching:  I'm all about my reality shows.  American Idol just finished Hollywood week and is about to get to the good stuff.  Survivor started back up this week.  It's fans versus favorites this time.  I love to hate the returning survivors and to pick a favorite new one that never, ever wins.

What I'm reading:  I'm reading 3 books at the same time which is starting to confuse me.  I need to finish one and limit myself to 2 books at a time.  This week it's 8 Great Dates for Moms and Daughters, When the Snow Comes, They Will Take You Away, and No More Perfect Moms.  All good books.

What I'm listening to:  We just downloaded Third Day's newest album.  We are going to their concert in March and I want to make sure I know all the songs first.  I've got that album on a playlist along with Toby Mac's newest album.  I love jamming out in the van to both of those groups.

Hope you had a wonderful, love-filled Valentine's week.  Let me know.  What is your favorite part of Valentine's Day?

Just thought I'd leave you with Tim's picture for the week.  Wouldn't want to leave him out.


No comments:

Post a Comment