Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The easiest, yummiest dessert ever!!

I have had several Christmas parties this year that I needed to bring a potluck dish to.  Be ready to be shocked - I am allergic to chocolate.  That's right - no chocolate for me.  Because of that I ALWAYS volunteer to take a dessert.  That way I know there will be something I can eat there.  So I just whipped up this super easy, super yummy dessert and decided to share it with you guys.

PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPY TREATS
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups rice krispies



Melt honey and sugar together in a saucepan on low. 


Cook until just before it starts to boil.  Then take it off the heat.

 
 
 Quickly add the peanut butter and stir it in until it melts.


Add the rice krispies and quickly stir them in as well.



Spread out wax paper on your counter and dip the cookies onto wax paper.



Congratulations!!  You are all done.  Now wasn't that easy!  Now eat and enjoy!





8 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, I hate that you had to be allergic to chocolate! I think I ONLY eat Chocolate. :)
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making peanut butter pie for Friday!! (No chocolate) woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i am coming to your house for a midnight snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not allergic to chocolate but don't like it very much. These look delicious! I love peanut butter!!!! Definitely going to have to try these. Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. My mouth is literally watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made regular rice crispie treats the other day and they were gone in no time

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! I make these and turn them into granola bars sometimes and then pretend they are good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!

    ReplyDelete