Saturday, April 21, 2012

Book Review: Amish Nanny

Well, believe it or not but the book reviews I post for review sites are not the only books I've read recently.  I have some favorite authors out there that I just had to catch up on.

The Amish Nanny by Mindy Starnes Clark and Leslie Gould

(from Amazon)

Amish-raised Ada Rupp knows it’s time to make a commitment to the faith and join the church, especially if she wants a future with the handsome Amish widower Will Gundy.  

But when she has the chance to travel to Switzerland as the caregiver of a young child, she leaps at the opportunity.

Anxious to learn more about her forebears, Ada enlists the help of a young Mennonite scholar named Daniel, but even as she develops feelings for him, she cannot get Will from her mind—or her heart. At a crossroads, Ada must decide what she is willing to give up from the past in order to embrace her future.

My thoughts:
I love, love, love Mindy Starnes Clark.  She is one of my very favorite authors and I have read every book she has written.  

But this one just didn't do it for me.  I thought it was long and drawn out and I got bored halfway into the book.  Clark is known for her awesome mysteries with twists; however, the mystery in this book was kind of piddly and minor. I kept waiting for someone to be not who they appeared to be but that didn't happen.  Also, I was a little annoyed that the book was called the Amish Nanny when the main character doesn't become a nanny until 40% into the book (benefit of reading the Kindle version), and then she was only a nanny for a very short amount of time.  

My overall thought is that this book let me down.  I was anticipating another intense, fast-paced mystery and the Amish Nanny just didn't deliver.

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment