Friday, August 31, 2012

Waterfall braid flipped under

Julie and I love to make fancy braided hairstyles.  Well, I really love to make them and Julie is a good sport to let me play with her hair.  I get a LOT of great hairstyle ideas from blogs.  Some of my favorites are Princess Hairstyles and Girly Do Hairstyles.  They both are incredibly creative with hair and have made up some great video tutorials.

The hairstyle I'm going to show you here is actually an original.  I made it up all by myself.

I started with a waterfall braid on each side and secured them together with a small rubber band. (Waterfall braid video tutorial)



Then I made another waterfall braid on each side using the same pieces of hair to go through the second braid.  So it looked like parts of her hair went down through 2 braids.



Everything was secured together in the back with a rubber band.  You can tell that the two sides aren't exactly even on where their braids are, but that's OK.  It doesn't have to be perfect.

I didn't get a great picture of this last part, but I took all her hair together and put it in a pony tail at the base of her neck.  Then I took the topsy tail, our favorite hair tool, and flipped that pony tail over, braids and all.  Final touch - add a cute hairclip.



There you have it - our original waterfall braid flipped under.  David took a video of me doing the waterfall braid, but it was so shaky, I think it might make you sick, so I decided not to post it on here.

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute! If only I lived closer, and Cachetyn has more hair... sigh... The sides are starting to catch up to the mohawk though only the mohawk part is long enough to do anything with. -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You did a great job and it looks fantastic! I am not handy with hair but love getting inspired by posts and pictures like yours.

    ReplyDelete