Friday, June 21, 2013

The Gratitude Project

My one word for this year is Gratitude, being thankful to God for all he has given me.  Join me in the Gratitude Project every Thursday.  I list what I'm thankful for and you tell me what you're thankful for.


Julie and I just got home on Wednesday after 5 days together at Centrikid camp.  The camp was wonderful.  It was well run, fun and all about the kids.  We were very tired when we got home and it took 2 nights of good sleep and good sleeping in to feel rested again.  

Tonight Julie is off to tent camp at Papaw's house for the first time.  She is super excited, as in scouring-YouTube-for-camping-videos-for-days excited.

Tomorrow is David's baseball team tournament game.  His team has an 18-4-1 record in the regular season and is undefeated in the tournament so far.  The championship game is Saturday morning - Go A's!  

Then Saturday afternoon is his birthday party at the bowling alley, where 11 of his friends get to come and bowl together.

Then next week is VBS.  Very fun and rewarding, but also time-consuming and tiring. 

So...needless to say, the rest of June is just as busy as the last 2 weeks have been.  But there's always something to be thankful for and there is always time to say it.
  1. I'm thankful that Centrikid camp was a huge success and that Julie got to make a lot of new friends.
  2. I'm thankful that David's baseball team is winning, but more so that they are working together well as a team.
  3. (from Julie) I'm thankful for technology, especially tablets.
  4. (from David) I'm thankful for my mommy and that she is home from camp.

Now it's your turn.  What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment