Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving good deals

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had such a nice and relaxing holiday this year and I am so thankful for my family and friends.  Every year we eat lunch at my parents house with my sister and her family, then we eat dinner at my husband's grandmother's house with his parents, siblings, cousins, grandma (called Mamaw around here) and aunt.  So we had a wonderful day with lots of family and LOTS of food.

Then yesterday was the day of all days - Black Friday.  My parents are gracious enough to let our kids spend the night with them on Thanksgiving so Tim and I can wake up at an ungodly hour and take advantage of all those awesome doorbuster sales.  We enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the opportunity to hunt it together.  Don't I have a cool husband!  This year we woke up at 4 (yes, that's 4 AM) to get to Walmart by 4:30.  Our Walmart is open 24 hours so we didn't have to stand outside in the cold.  We could go inside, find the pallet with the item we wanted and stand next to it ready to pounce when it hits 5 AM.  There wasn't anything we HAD to have but several things that would be nice to get and...we got all of them except for one.  But we were very satisfied with all the deals we got there.  Then we visited Old Navy, Michael's, Lifeway, Books-a-million and Kohls.  All that by 10 AM.

But the best deals we got were actually on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.  Tim wanted a Blu-Ray player for Christmas and Walmart had one advertised for $148 on Black Friday.  When we researched it online, it turns out Walmart.com had it on sale on Thursday for $118 with $0.97 shipping.  Um, that's a no-brainer, get $30 off and have it delivered to your door - yeah, I think we'll go with that option.

Our second awesome deal was at Michael's.  I had a Cricut on my Christmas list and Michael's had the smaller 6"x12" advertised for $97.  Their ad said "Thursday, Friday and Saturday," so my wonderful sister went to Michael's on Thursday night for me (while we were at Tim's family dinner - thank you, thank you, Laura).  She found the machine but it was signed as $69.  She asked if it was the same one advertised and there response was "Yeah, we decided to sell it for cheaper then the ad."  30 DOLLARS CHEAPER!!  How awesome is that!!!!  I was also able to go get some cartridges for it for less than half price while I was out on Friday.  I can't wait to open it up on Christmas and start playing with it.

I hope you all had a fun and relaxing holiday and day after, whether you shop or sleep.  Stay tuned for my post on my Chicago trip!


2 comments:

  1. Your sister IS awesome, isn't she? I'M still thrilled over that deal and it wasn't even for me (and I don't really understand what the thing does really)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you got some great deals! I'm going to consult you next year around Black Friday. I didn't find anything this year and I've really got to get some Christmas shopping done!

    You were above me on SITS today!

    ReplyDelete