Thursday, August 12, 2010

School's in Session

I know those of you in the North will be in shock but school is already in session down here in the South.



The first day for Julie was Monday.  She is now a Second grader - where did the time go???


Monday was a half-day but they jumped right in on Tuesday.  We got spelling words and a new story - our first spelling test and reading test are tomorrow.  The first week of school!  They don't waste any time here.  (And yes, I say "we' and "our" because it seems like I spend as much time on this stuff as they do!)

David is in Kindergarten this year which means his beginning schedule is a little different.  They break them in slowly so he went for his first half-day today.  He has 2 more half-days over the next two weeks before he goes all day (and around here, Kindergartners go all 7 hours of the day with no nap).  Here he is all excited this morning.


Both my kids have gotten wonderful teachers this year and we are just so excited about them both being in the big school together (and one of us is a little teary-eyed but don't tell anyone).  So we're off to a great start.


2 comments:

  1. Oh they looks so cute! Crazy they have already started school. Mine starts preschool and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I'm in shock that you all are in school already! Kind of jealous too! My kids would are chomping at the bit for school to start.

    Your two are getting so big, I can't believe they are in 2nd grade and Kindergarten already. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete