Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sunshiney Day

© Mc Moisei | Dreamstime Stock Photos
Summer has finally arrived!  No more worrying that my flowers will freeze at night. No more wearing jackets at baseball games.  It's 85 and sunny, baby.

But then there's that - the sun.

I've had a love/hate relationship with the sun my whole life.  On the plus side, I love being warm, I love the feel of the sun on my skin when I've just stepped out of a super cold, air-conditioned building.  I love the sunny glow that I get after spending the day at the beach.

But what I don't love?

Sunburn.  That skin that I love the warm sun on is pale, pale, pale.  And it's not the kind of pale that turns brown in the sun.  It's the pale that freckles and burns.  I am either white or red, never brown.  I burn when I just think about the sun.  I never, never tan.  Never.

So hello summer, hello sun, hello sunscreen and lots of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment