Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Booksneeze: Beyond Molasses Creek

Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz

Ally Green, a former flight attendant, has returned to Mount Pleasant, South Carolina to bury her father.  She is haunted by events in her past including her love of Vesey Washington, the man who was forbidden to her 40 years before.

Vesey lives across Molasses Creek from Ally in the home he's always lived in, the one his mother raised him in and the one he raised his four children in.

Sunila Kunari has been a sculptor for a mine in Katmandu, Nepal for as long as she can remember.  Yet suspicious circumstances surround her life as a baby.

How will these three lives intersect?  Can healing occur?

My Thoughts:

This book had potential and, for the most part, it was good.  I thought parts of the story were very unrealistic.

I thought Ally's infatuation with Vesey was very selfish of her.  She destroyed his access to education because she was determined to pursue him without finding out how he felt about her.  I spent most of the book upset with her over that.

My other gripe is that only a few chapters are written from Vesey's point of view. Half the book has chapters written from the point of view Ally.  The other half is written from Sunita's point of view.  Then you have (I think) 2 chapters written from Vesey's point of view.  To me it just doesn't fit.  Either have more written by Vesey or none at all.

The overall story was unique and I do like that in a book.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


I was provided a complimentary Kindle version of this book for review by Booksneeze.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment