Thursday, March 15, 2012

Netgalley: Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane by Ronnie Kendig


Wolfsbane is book number three in the Discarded Heroes series.  I’ve reviewed books one, and two  in the past. 

After a less than honorable discharge from the army because of a mission gone wrong, Canyon “Midas” Metcalfe gets recruited as a medic with the elite Nightshade special ops team.  He has been going on missions for years and remains the most calm and grounded member of the team…until he meets Dani Roark. 

Dani has been held captive by a South American general and brutally treated for six months.  She has just escaped with her life.  But the authorities in the United States are calling her a traitor.
Can Nightshade help her prove her innocence?  Will Canyon’s feelings for Dani jeopardize the mission?

My thoughts:

I enjoyed this book.  Kendig does a good job of explaining intricate details in a military mission without becoming boring.   The love story was believable and the right amount of things “went wrong” with the missions to make them believable as well.

My only complaint is that the book seemed to be a little too long. And by that I don’t mean just the number of pages, I mean it seemed like she was putting too many different storylines in there.   It was almost like she had this main story in her head and had to write a lot of preliminary parts to work up to the main story.  But those preliminary parts took up a third of the book.  In this case, it may have been better to split this into two stories – the main book and a prequel.

That being said, I still really liked the book.  I have enjoyed this whole series and would recommend it to others to read.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Other book reviews in the series:  Nightshade, Digitalis
I was provided a complimentary Kindle version of this book for review by Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment