Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Join in the Challenge


I read a lot of blogs and I get a feel for what's going down in the blogsphere (at least the little section of it that I read).  And right now the trend is Spring Cleaning.  It's no wonder though.  The long, cold winter is almost done and people want to wipe it away and start the warm months with bright, clean houses.  I understand.  I want a clean house too.

What's the best way to Spring clean a house?
I sure don't know the answer to that.  You could say that I'm a little bit challenged in the housekeeping department.  I mean, I want my house to be clean, but I don't want to have to be the one to clean it.  (That's what I had kids for, right? Um, I mean, no, of course that's not why.)

But...my house really does need some help.  After a rough Fall and Winter physically, I feel like I'm finally in a position to spend a few minutes on Spring cleaning each day.  Now, I can't go wild or anything, but a few minutes will be OK for me and will be great for my house.

After looking around at several blogs that I frequent, I decided to join up with Money Saving Mom's 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge.  Each day in April, she posts a new cleaning challenge.  She'll tell us at 9 AM what to clean and then post a followup post at 6 PM to show how it went in her house.  The party continues all day on Facebook (Money Saving Mom's page), Twitter (#cleanin30) and Instagram (#cleanin30).


I'm going to be posting before and after pictures all day on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.  Be sure to follow me to see all the great cleaning success (and maybe some failures) that I have this month.  I'll also do a once a week summary post so all you non-social-media folks can join in the fun too.

Leave me a comment if you plan to do Spring cleaning this month!!  What part of your house needs cleaning the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment