Friday, January 28, 2011

Our (almost) free dinner at Chick-Fil-A





Just had to tell you about our awesome meal last Friday night.  I was taking a meal to a family at church whose mom had had surgery, so, obviously I didn't want to cook for my brood as well. Instead, we all went to deliver the meal, then stopped at Chick-fil-a for dinner. 

I decided before we left home that I was going to get us as free of a meal as possible.  So I looked through our handy, dandy Chick-fil-a calendars that I purchased in December ($6 each) and cut out all the coupons.  In case you aren't aware, you can use CFA coupons anytime during the year, not just in the time-frame it has listed on the coupon.  AND, as I found out on Friday, you can also use expired coupons.  I just LOVE Chick-fil-a!!!

So here are the coupons I used:

FREE 8-piece chicken nuggets (for kids to split)
FREE medium lemonade (for one kid)
FREE medium lemonade (for the other kid)
FREE large Fries (for kids to split)
(These 4 coupons fed my kids.  Then they ran off to play in the large, super kid-friendly play area.  Yay!  Burn off energy time!)

FREE Spicy chicken sandwich (for my honey)
FREE grilled chicken salad (for me)
FREE large Fries (to split)
FREE large Coke (for him)
FREE water for me (because tap water is always free - no coupon needed)

So there you have it.  I used 8 coupons, saved $18.15 and only spent $1.81 for us to eat (darn tax).  And since there are still many more coupons to use from the calendar, I definitely got my $12 worth out of it.  Maybe I should have bought more than two...



2 comments:

  1. Free food always tastes better! Maybe next year we'll invest in more calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Chick-Fil-A nearby ;(

    But that is an AWESOME deal on dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete