Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book Review: Rest in Peace

Rest in Peace by Frances Devine
Rest in Peace (Hometown Mysteries)

Victoria Storm, who owns a boarding house for senior citizens, is once again thrown into a murder investigation when she discovers the body of Clyde Foster, the local pet store owner, in a pool of blood in his store.  While searching down clues that seem to involve a World War II jewelry theft, Victoria's life is threatened and one of her seniors, Miss Aggie goes missing.  Will they find the murderer in time?  Will the 60 year old hidden jewelry finally appear?

Rest in Peace is part of the Hometown Mysteries collection and is the third book featuring Miss Aggie from the Misadventure of Miss Aggie Mystery series.

My Thoughts:

This was a quick read, but I felt it was just an OK book.  There were a lot of characters in the book and at times it was hard to keep them all straight.  Even though the book seems to tout itself as a murder mystery, it seemed more like the murder was a side plot.  Most of the mystery elements in the book involved Miss Aggie's disappearance and the mystery surrounding emeralds stolen from the Jews in World War II. To me the final solution to the murder was very anti-climactic.

I enjoyed reading this book; however, it's not one that I will gush over to my friends.  I just feel like the story could have been developed a little more.  I was also a little disappointed that this book pretty much told you everything that happened in the first two Miss Aggie books.  I would have liked to read those two books, but I feel like I'd be wasting my money now because I know who did it and why.

I give this book 4 stars out of 5.

Thanks to netGalley for providing me the Kindle version of this book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment