Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I Learned Wednesday: Ways to Make Money Online

I have been researching ways to make money online and I've come up with a myriad of information.  I'd love nothing better than to share it with you :).  Maybe together we can learn how to earn some extra spending money every month.

1)  As we talked about earlier, become an affiliate:  Post advertisements on your blog and/or send out blog posts that advertise deals.

2)  Write Freelance Blog Posts:  Are you knowledgeable in something?  (Hint: Everyone is knowledgeable about something.)  Find someone who wants that knowledge and is willing to pay for it.  There are many websites out there that recruit bloggers to write articles for them on a wide variety of topics.  This article gives you some resources for that.

3)  Use Swagbucks as your search engine and earn points called Swagbucks.  Typically I earn between 5-7 swagbucks for every 4 or 5 searches I do.  When you get to 450 swagbucks, you get a $5 Amazon gift card.  It may not seem like much, but it's free money for doing something online you'd probably do anyway.  I've made $110 over the last year just using Swagbucks (my sister has earned a lot more!).

4)  Shop online through My Points.  Get rewarded with points per dollar for your purchases.  For example, shop at Kohls online and earn 2 points per dollar.  Shop at Kmart online and earn 5 points per dollar.  Redeem your points for gift cards to Amazon, Kohls, Target and more.  I have $150 in gift cards over the last year using My Points.

5)  Do online surveys.  One of my favorite survey sites is Synovate.  You earn points for completing surveys.  every 5000 points earns you $5.  I have earned $30 over the past 6 months this way.  But not only do you earn money at Synovate, you get full sized free products to try out and answer survey questions about.  Over the last 6 months, I gotten a bottle of shampoo, a tube of toothpaste, Rice Krispy treats, Scooby-Doo fruit snacks, 2 full-size rolls of paper towels and a large thing of napkins.  Besides helping us save money that we would have spent for those things, it's always fun to get free things in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment