Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Stretchmark Minimizing Cream

Earlier in the week, I posted a review of Scar Booster Repair serum sold by Maternitique. Luckily for me, I actually got two products to test, not just one.

After seeing this description online:

"Want to fade stretch marks? Trust Stretchmark Minimizing Cream from Belli Motherhood.

Use Belli Stretchmark Minimizing Cream on stretch marks of any age from any cause to:
  • Reduce stretch mark length and irregular surface area by up to 52%
  • Reduce stretch mark depth by up to 72%."
I decided I just had to try out the Belli Motherhood Stretchmark Minimizing Cream.   What sold me on trying it?  The phrase "stretch marks of any age" because, y'all, my baby is turning 6 tomorrow and I can still those darn stretch marks.
The bottle says "Apply to stretchmarks morning and night for 4 weeks and then once daily until desired results are achieved."  Once again, I didn't quite follow directions.  I just applied once a day for about 8 weeks.  (I just can't seem to remember to do this stuff at night as well as the morning.  I guess I'm just too tired.)

The cream is kind of a lotion consistency but it's a little stickier.  I did feel like I needed to wash my hands after applying it or I would stick to things all morning.

So how did it work?  Well...I, personally, didn't see a difference in my stretch marks.  I will be honest, I didn't leave a control group this time, like I did with the scar serum, so I can't guarantee that they didn't change.  However, I have had these stretch marks for a while and they looked the same to me afterwards.  My guess is that this cream would work better on new stretch marks instead of old ones (that doesn't mean I'm volunteering to get new stretch marks just so I can try it out).

If you are pregnant or have recently had a baby, I think this would be a great product to try out.  Even if it didn't reduce your stretch marks right away, it's very soothing on your skin.


1 comment: