Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's Day...a little late

Um...Now I know it's been almost 2 weeks since Valentine's Day and this is probably coming a little late, but in my defense I've been pretty busy over those 2 weeks - retreat, kids (always) out of school for snow, a new nephew, etc.  But I did want to share with you some of the things we did for Valentine's Day this year.

I had sent out a post asking for ideas for Julie's school party.  Someone sent in a great idea to play Valentine's Day Bingo.  So I found this cool website to custom make Bingo sheets (but I forgot to bookmark it - oops).  Anyway, you click a button to generate a Bingo sheet, then print it.  I was in a hurry so I clicked, changed the print quantity to 17, then printed.  Guess  what?  It printed 17 copies all right...of the very same Bingo sheet.  Yup, you got it.  They all won at the same time because they were all playing off the same sheet.  Good thing, 6 and 7 year olds don't really care.  They were just happy to all get the mini Hershey bar prize :).

Also for that party, I found a cute little craft to make. 
When I was little we called these warm fuzzies.  I'm sure there are tons of names for them.  To make it easier on the parents helping me out, I divided each craft up into individual Ziploc baggies.
They just grab one per child and go. 

As a background on this next project (and to justify my filling my children up on pure sugar), our county has been out of school A LOT for snow this year - 15 days since Jan 1, including today.  Luckily we have 10 days built into our schedule so we only have to make up 4 at the end of year ... for now.  Anyway, I really needed an activity to occupy my kids during one of these days, so we made heart shaped rice krispy treats and I let them decorate each one with icing and loads of candy.
 
  
  
  
  
  
  

Lastly, I wanted to show you something I made for the house.  I got the idea from The  Idea Room.  She showed us how to make a felt heart wreath.  Here's mine.

 
 
  

Once again, sorry these ideas were late in coming out.  Hopefully, I've given you some ideas for next year.
 


1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the rice krispie treats, my two would love those! That's funny about the bingo game, at least everyone had fun!

    Glad you had a Happy Valentine's and I hope you don't get anymore snow!

    By the way, you have an award waiting for you on my blog. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete