Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What to do when you are snowed in

Like the rest of the world, we have had our fair amount of snow this year.  In fact, according to the local news, we have had more snow this winter than we have had in 14 years.  To top that, we had more snow in January than we average for an entire year!

You know what goes along with an abnormal amount of snow, an abnormal amount of snow days - i.e. days I have to find fun things to do to entertain the kids.  So I thought I'd let you in on a few ways we keep from getting bored around here.

1)  Being the nerds we are, we got out Julie's science kit and made a mini-volcano that changes colors.


2)  I could tell you that I'm a steller mom and never let my kids play videos games, watch TV or sit mindlessly in front of the computer where they essentially just watch episodes of their favorite cartoons online...but that would be a BIG, FAT lie.  I try to limit it to about 2 hours a day.  Some days I do better than others.
 

3)  To redeem me from #2, I will tell you that we read a LOT of books around here...some of them over and over and over...
 
 
4)  Last but not least, of course, we play with the camera.
 
(Notice everyone is looking at the camera but me.  I am looking at the screen on the side of the camera.)

May your days be full of fun things to do and may Spring come soon!!



1 comment:

  1. More snow than you've had in 14 years, wow! Looks like everyone is having fun at least. The science kit sounds really cool. I bet my two would love it.

    ReplyDelete