Wednesday, March 13, 2013

eShakti.com dress review

Clothes custom fit for my body?
Yes, please.
Oh, and I can get those without leaving my house?
Even better.

Last week I introduced you to eShakti.com, an online store that creates customized clothes for women.  Since I can't sew worth a lick much less create something custom to fit my body, I was super excited when eShakti asked if I would be willing to do a product review for them.

I'm one of those people who, proportionately, have much bigger hips than I do waist.  Sadly, I also have a very small bust.. sniff, sniff.  So sometimes it's hard to find clothes that fit right.

And don't get me started on dresses...
It is so hard to find nice, modest dresses anywhere in a brick and mortar store.
But, guess what, now I don't have to.  I can shop for beautiful dresses, shirts, skirts and jackets from the comfort of my home, ones made to fit just me.

Once you start browsing on eShakti, you'll find the hardest part about shopping on their site is that there are so many pretty things to choose from.  I immediately decided I wanted to get a dress, but I was really torn about which one to get.  There are sooooo many gorgeous ones on there and so many options to choose even after you choose the dress.  You can order items in standard sizes (with a size chart provided on the site) or you can have them custom made to your measurements.  On some items you can choose how long you want the sleeves to be, what kind of neckline you prefer and/or how long you want the garment to be.  With every dress, you enter your height so the dress-makers know how long to cut the skirt.  These are some dresses that instantly drew my attention.
I absolutely love this black toga dress!

This one is fun and flirty for the summer.
But the one I chose, was this dandelion dress.  I am just in love with the draping on it, the wrap style of the bodice and the dandelion embellishment.  I adore the dandelion embellishment.  (You can choose not to get the embellishment on any garment, if solid is more your style.)

When the dress arrived, it was folded nicely in a plastic bag inside of a really sturdy box.  It was not all wadded up like clothes I've gotten from some other online stores.  Maybe that's a little thing, but I really like that attention to detail.  The dress was a little wrinkly even with its great packaging and I don't like to iron so I hung it up in the bathroom to let the shower steam relax all the wrinkles.  Like most items on eShakti, this dress is washable so I could have stuck it in the dryer for a few minutes to pull out the wrinkles as well.


It fit very well, almost perfect.  The first time I put it on, I noticed that it was slightly big in the bust.  Luckily, to put it modestly, a change of undergarments fixed that problem.  Score!  And the dress is so very comfortable, one of the most important criteria in clothes for me.

The dress zips on the side.  It's easy to put on and fits snugly to my waist.
The dandelion embellishment is just as pretty in real life. 
The eShakti website shows the back of every garment too.
I always love to see how the back of an item looks.
The things I love about eShakti and my new dress:
  • I love that the details make it completely unique and I love that it is refreshingly modest.  
  • The dandelion embellishment on the front is just gorgeous.  It's what first drew me to the dress and it's still what I love most about the dress. 
  • I love that most of their clothing is washable.  That's a big plus for everyone but especially for moms.  
  • The details are subtle, making it easy to accessorize with jewelry, shoes and sweaters.
Even though I chose boots,
this dress could easily be paired with cute pumps or sassy heels.
The things that need improvement:
  • There are no half inch measurements listed in the drop down boxes on the custom order form.  Some of my measurements were only a half inch different from the measurements near them.  When you round them up, it looks like I have no difference at ll in those areas, but I do.  Adding the half inch increment would be nice.  
  • It would be nice for eShakti to have a video on their site or link to a video showing the correct places to measure.  Even with the pictures, I wasn't confident I was measuring correctly.
  • The items they have listed on their website change very quickly.  If you see something you like on there one day, it may not be there the next.  You have to order it while you can.
My personal experience?  I was so impressed with my new dress, that I ordered two more from their site.  They haven't arrived yet, but when they do, I'll be sure to post pictures.

If you have ordered something from eShakti, I'd love to see pictures when it arrives.  Just post them onto my Facebook page.  Make sure you "like" it first.  Happy shopping!

** Remember, just for my readers, eShakti.com has provided a promotional code that will get you 20% off of your order up through March 25.  Just enter TNSTYNTHEC in the promotional code box. **

A complementary product was provided by eShakti.com for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment