Friday, March 8, 2013

Pinteresting Pins: Breakfast Ring & Crispy Chicken Wraps

Once again, Pinterest is busy giving me new ideas for dinner.  Thank you, Pinterest!

We tried out two new recipes last week - Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps and a Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Ring

First up...the Chicken Wraps

I have to admit, I changed the recipe quite a bit on this one.  It called for a bunch of spices, a bunch of veggies and black beans, all of which I omitted when I made it.  My wraps consisted of chicken, rice and cheese (with the addition of sour cream for the ones Tim and I ate).  While Tim and I would eat all the other items included in the recipe, the kids would not.  In fact, they wouldn't have even touched them or taken a single bite of them.  Sometimes we are sticklers and make the kids eat stuff they don't want to eat and sometimes we just don't want the battle.


I think the brilliance of this recipe is in how you cook the wraps.  You spray them with cooking spray first - that's the secret - then you brown them on both sides in the frying pan.  I loved the crispy outside.


While they were good, everyone felt like they needed less rice and more of everything else - more chicken, and more cheese.


We'd definitely try this one again with a little tweaking to the filling. (For those of you without Pinterest, you can find the recipe here.)

Recipe #2 - Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Ring

Oh my, this was so good and so easy.  You cook up the bacon and eggs.  Combine them with cheese and put it in crescent rolls shaped like a ring.  Cook it all together and you get a great filling dinner or breakfast.

Shape the crescent rolls like a star, add your filling,
then pull the ends to the middle to make a ring.
We made 2 of them and ate one right away for dinner.  The other we saved and ate on all week for breakfast.  I'm a big proponent of eating lots of protein at breakfast.  It keeps you feeling full until lunch and keeps little tummies from having to visit the nurse at school just because they are hungry.  This recipe is a great, yummy way to get that protein at breakfast.


Both of these recipes were winners.  I was a little bit more partial to the breakfast ring because I love anything with bacon, eggs and cheese.  (If you don't have Pinterest, you can find the recipes here.)

Planning to try these out?  Leave a comment and let me know which one you think looks the best to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I made the french dip crescent rolls from Pintrest without the au jus or the horseradish sauce since we are not big fans of either , It was delicious !
    I think I will now be making the breakfast wrap but for one of our breakfast for dinner nights. It looks really good !
    Love, Aunt Val

    ReplyDelete