Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Freezer Cooking 101

Usually Tuesdays are All About Me.  But after careful thought (and writers block) I decided "Enough about me!  Write about something useful already!"

So, in light of my little outburst with myself, I decided to start a new series on freezer cooking.  I am by no means an expert on this.  My friends and I who cook together learn something different that we need to change each and every time we have our cooking day.  But I do know more than I did a year ago when we started this thing.  And I am going to share that vast wisdom with you (vast as in, um, maybe 4 posts).

Here is what I plan to talk about over the next few weeks.

  • Planning your menu and location
  • Shopping for your food - tips and tricks
  • Planning for cooking day
  • Cooking day - tips and tricks
As you can see, the key to a successful freezer cooking day is PLANNING.  If you have a good plan in place, your day will flow smoothly and you will go home with lots of food (as well as sore feet, but I can't help you with that).  Stay tuned!

How about you?  Have you done a big freezer cooking day before?  Are you interested in trying it out sometime?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I used to do a show where you cooked like 3 lbs. of ground beef. We would make something to eat that night, then we prepared 2 more meals, or partial meals for the host to put in the freezer for later. I also did that with 2 other mom's from a small group we had at church. we just doubled up on everything. We ate that night then each of us had one or two things to take home and put in the freezer. I think it was called "power cooking." This is Lori Johnson btw -couldn't figure out how else to post.

    ReplyDelete