Monday, February 28, 2011

Home Improved More

On Valentine's day, I showed you our new chairrailing that I was so excited about!  Let me show you what else we did with our walls.

When our house was built, for whatever reason, the builders put picture box molding on 3 of the walls in our living room, but not on the fourth, the wall with the bay window.  For years it has annoyed us.  Until now...

Before Christmas, Tim and my Dad added the molding to most of the wall where it was missing.  But see that tiny little angled part of the wall.  At the time, I said it didn't need a box on it, so it remained blank.

But the more I looked at it, the more I realized, it needs a box too.  Poor thing, I wouldn't want it to feel left out!  It had a twin on the other side of the wall as well.  We needed to get these babies boxed!!


(Sorry for the dark pictures.  It's hard to take them against the bright windows.)

So I got to be Tim's helper one Saturday. We drew lines on the walls, used a tape measure and a level - and that was just in the planning.  Then he pulled out the big, loud saw.  I held the molding, I helped, but I didn't like the saw.  We got it cut and angled to the right sizes.  Then a few nails from the nail gun (another thing I'm not too fond of) and tada!!  Beautifully boxed walls.


(Notice there are no couch cushions.  They frequently get moved and played 
with by the little people that invade my house.)

Now doesn't that look better.  And since we had more molding and since we did so well in the living room, we decided to finish out our last wall in the dining room as well. 


Well, what do you think?  Did we do a good job?  (And yes, I'm blatantly asking for praise here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment