Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Target Deals and a Missing Hamster

Today has been super busy around here.  I started a new Disney post but haven't had time to finish it yet.  I'll try to get that out tomorrow.  This might be a preview of my summer - no time to blog with kids around.  I hope not.

Anyway, I just wanted to shoot off a quick post about my trip to Target today.  I don't have a lot extra of extra money to spend on deals this month, so I only got the really useful stuff and the really great deals.  Here's what I got:
  • 5 boxes of Special K (this is our favorite cereal and we had just run out at home).  I only buy this if I can get it for less than $2 a box.  Target had it on sale for $2.95, buy 4 get one free.  I had a $1 off 3 Target coupon and two $1 off 2 manufacturer coupons.  That made it $1.76 per box.
  • 4 boxes of Ore-Ida Easy Fries.  Priced at $0.99 each.  I had 2 Target coupons for $2 off 2 Ore-Ida potatoes product.  So I got them all for free - woopee!!
  • Sally Henson nail polish.  Priced at $2.34.  I had $1 off 1 manufacturer coupon and $1 off 1 Target coupon.  So I paid $0.34 for my cool glittery nail polish.
  • 2 boxes of Up & Up pain reliever (generic Advil).  Priced at $0.99 (for a 24 count box).  I had $1 off 1 Target coupon.  FREE!!
  • 12" Digornio pizza.  Priced at $5.99.  I had a $4 off 1 manufacturer coupon making it $1.99.
My total? $11.62.  It may not qualify for Extreme Couponing, but it's pretty good in my book.  (Especially since I didn't buy 77 bottles of mustard or 93 bags of croutons.  Have you seen those crazy people on that show?  Seriously, what do you do with 93 bags of croutons?)

The other thing on my mind today was our escaped hamster.  Our 2", tiny, escaped dwarf hamster, that is super fast and we really have no chance of catching.  In light of that, I made a little hamster trap.  Someone on Facebook suggested I put a tasty snack in the bottom of a bucket then make a little hamster ramp up to the bucket.  Hopefully our little hamster will climb the ramp, fall down into the bucket and not be able to get out.  Since hamsters are nocturnal, we haven't really seen her during the day.  Tim has spied her twice in the early mornings, but never during the day.  The trap didn't catch our hamster last night.  My fingers are crossed that she'll be hungry and thirsty enough to fall in tonight.

Anyone out there got any other suggestions for catching a tiny hamster?

1 comment:

  1. Great deal @ target. I go there just about every Tuesday after I drop my daughter at girlscouts. I call it "Target Tuesdays" I checkout the clearance endcaps and clothing racks but I've never ventured into the grocery section. But after reading your post I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete